Thursday, January 8, 2015

We're Marchin On.

In my second round of chemo I started loosing some vision in my left eye... This can be normal with chemo so they said not to worry about it but always thought it was a little strange that it was ONLY my left eye. My vision should be better by now, so they took me off treatment for awhile to see if that would clear it up, and find out what the issue was. 
So eye doctor appointments have occupied my time lately! The eye doctor is not sure if the chemo has caused it, or even what really is the matter. At first they suspected MS but that's not the issue. Then, they thought optic neuritis. Whatever treatment they have put me on hasn't helped the vision clear! Some days it's better than others! I am getting used to it now though. It doesn't bother me too much anymore. AND I have a perfectly great right eye! I am so grateful for my vision. I have a tendency to take things for granted until they are taken away. 
What does my vision look like in my left eye? It's almost a gray fog that is around the whole eye. I can make out shapes and figures but can't seem to see details. I have been struggling seeing color now too. 
But anyhow, they took me off treatment for awhile to see if they could figure out this eye problem. Since they are fairly sure it's not chemo related, they are putting me back on treatment tomorrow.

I was feeling so great!

Although this chemo is much more mild than the heavier stuff, I still feel pretty sick after! I get really tired for the following few days. BUT, it truly is nothing compared to that heavy stuff! I hadn't had treatment for about 5 weeks and really started to notice my energy coming back, the weight coming off, and my face collecting more color! I was feeling so great! But we are marching on! Tomorrow I go back in for treatment and more doctor appointments! I am so grateful for such a wonderful hospital that has been so responsive to my issues. Huntsman has been ONE HUGE BLESSING! 

Other big news:
My little brother, Stevie came home from Sweden! He is the sweetest. There was something really special about seeing him. He wore a pink ribbon for me in Sweden. He put my name on the temple roll over there. He had the missionaries in his mission fast for me. I could feel the blessings of his service. He would write me and say he felt horrible that he wasn't there to help more with chemo, but in reality, he was exactly where he should be warranting me more blessings than I even deserve. 


1 comment:

  1. I am officially caught up. Happy to say, that these posts were of no surprise to me! I am thrilled to have lived through sharing these experiences with you. You are a rock. Thank you, thank you for being my dearest friend! LOVE YOU! xoxo

    ReplyDelete